Jamie says: I love productive and fun-filled days! It’s that awesome feeling of accomplishment combined with fun that is the hallmark of a great one. I made this Chocolate Berry Parfait this weekend on one of those days I felt like an Energizer Bunny…a 2-part workout, 4 loads of laundry, dishwasher emptied, bills paid, groceries purchased, paper work submitted, awesome phone calls with family and friends, a birthday party… all in one-day. I was ready for this killer parfait…
The colors are naturally vibrant; the taste, sweet; and the texture, smooth.
Parfaits make me think of TCBY and the movie Shrek (onions have layers and so do parfaits).
Dig in. It’s ready in a minute.
Chocolate Berry Parfait
- 4 strawberries
- 8 blackberries
- 4 oz cup of 2% live active cottage cheese (Breakstone’s)
- 12 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate premium baking chips (Ghirardelli)
- Wash berries. Slice strawberries.
- Place 2 oz (1/2 of portioned cup) of cottage cheese in a bowl. Top with half the strawberry slices, blackberries, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the remaining cottage cheese on top. Add the remaining berries and chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Blur the lines a little sometimes between a dessert and a snack to prevent over-indulging. Use a few dark chocolate chocolate chips to make a healthy snack turn into a dessert.