Jamie says: Quick and simply delicious. That was my mantra this week. I literally through this awesome side dish together in minutes before heading out the door. Like spinach? You’ll love Garlic Spinach Saute with Parm and Walnuts.
The gentle combination of flavors, textures, and colors made this side complete. (Completely perfect, that is.)
Get your Mediterranean on!
Garlic Spinach Saute with Parm and Walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups spinach
- dash sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 walnut halves, crushed
- Peel and slice garlic. Pour olive oil in a medium pot on medium-low heat followed by sliced garlic. Heat until lightly brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach. Stir constantly until just wilted, about 45 seconds. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl.
- Top with salt, Parmesan cheese, and crushed walnuts. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Olive oil, spinach, and garlic are plant-based foods on the Mediterranean Diet which is associated with multiple health benefits, including happiness.