Jamie says: Mom is always right. My Mom recommended blending cottage cheese and prunes. Honestly, at first I thought the idea sounded a little wierd, but sure enough, she was right, and it was great! I went a step further and added coffee, which I’m adding to everything lately, and pretzels. I liked it so much I made it a few days in a row!
Prunes add natural sweetness. We can keep this our little secret…
I’m a fan of the contrasting combinations- sweet and salty; smooth and crunchy, chilled and room-temp. Yum!
Sweet & Salty Coffee Cottage Cheese Blend
- 2% cottage cheese with live and active cultures (Breakstone’s)
- 4 prunes (SunSweet Naturals D’Noir)
- 3 Tbsp coffee (Starbucks)
- 6 ultra thin pretzel stix (H.K. Anderson)
- In a mini blender, add cottage cheese, prunes, and coffee. Pulse until well-blended, using a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed. Scoop into a bowl.
- Break pretzels into bite- sized pieces and pour on top. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Prunes, calcium, and vitamin D (the latter two are from the cottage cheese) have been associated with strong bones. Yes, you read that right. Prunes may improve bone health. Cool stuff!