Jamie says: I love fall. The weather, the celebrating (my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving), and let’s be real, the food- pumpkin and spice and everything nice! And so, I was inspired to make these Cinnamon Spice Sweet Potato Strips, and I hope you are, too…
They’re sweet and salty and a little spicy/zesty from the blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Yum!
Cinnamon Spice Sweet Potato Strips
- 16 oz mixed sweet potatoes (Natural Beauty organic)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- dash ground cloves
- dash ground nutmeg
- dash salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut sweet potatoes into strip and place in a large glass baking dish (Pyrex).
- Drizzle with canola oil and sprinkle with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and sugar. Bake for 35 minutes until soft.
- Top with a dash of salt and sugar. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Nutrition note: Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, which is great for night vision (tell the kids they will have superhero see-in-the-dark powers). Leave the skin on for extra fiber for fullness.