Jamie says: Wow, it’s cold! This South Florida girl is not used to this arctic-like weather. Gets me every time. (I’m in Florida by the way.) Call me crazy, but for some reason, I like frozen yogurt when it gets cold out. (Is anyone else the same way?) And so, I woke up freezing, and what did I want for breakfast? Frozen yogurt…and chia gel. (Told ya I’m obsessed with this chia gel stuff.) I put the two together and made Pumpkin Fro Yo ‘n’ Pear Chia Sunrise Waffles!
I have to say, they turned out quite beautiful- like flowers or suns…
There’s a nice contrast in the colors, textures, and flavors. It tasted awesome, too. I bet kids would love these…
Pumpkin Fro Yo ‘n’ Pear Chia Sunrise Waffles
- 2 frozen whole grain waffles (Kashi 7 Grain waffles)
- 1/2 red pear
- 1/3 cup prepared chia gel
- 1/2 cup pumpkin frozen yogurt (Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Harvest Pumpkin)
- Heat waffles in toaster until they’re golden brown.
- Chop a pear. Spread chia gel on toasted waffles. Place a 1/4 cup scoop of frozen yogurt in the center of each waffle. Divide chopped pear on top of both waffles, around the frozen yogurt scoops. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Recipe makeover- Make waffles and ice cream healthier by using whole grain waffles and a portion-controlled amount of fat free frozen yogurt; top with fresh fruit fruit for fiber and vitamins; chia gel adds fiber, omega 3s, and calcium.