Jamie says: Eight days until the big 2-8! Woot, woot. I’m ready for it, and for some reason, I’ve already adapted to the new number. I had a great 27 and am looking forward to the adventures of 28! Let the birthday countdown begin and the celebration continue. After all, you’re supposed to celebrate for the whole month, right?
Today’s lunch- Apple and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese with Honey Mustard. It was delicious…
The bistro-style grilled cheese was simple to make and oh-so-great. I think the lines in the bread add character.
Paired with a warm bowl of tomato soup, it’s the perfect lunch. As always, enjoy!
Apple and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese with Honey Mustard
- 1 large slice 100% whole wheat mountain bread (Publix Bakery)
- 1/2 apple (organic gala)
- 2 tsp honey mustard (Boar’s Head)
- 1/2 cup fresh baby kale (Organic Girl)
- 1 slice fresh mozzarella (Publix)
- no-stick canola cooking spray (PAM)
- Preheat a panini maker or indoor electric plate grill (aka George Foreman grill).
- Slice bread in half. Slice apple half into disks (cut out core of inner pieces).
- Spread honey mustard on one side of bread. Top with baby kale, followed by fresh mozzarella and apple slices. Top with remaining 1/2 slice of bread.
- Spray no-stick cooking oil on cooking surfaces. Heat sandwich in grill for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, kale is slightly wilted, and apples are softened. Remove from heat. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Serve with a bowl of warm tomato soup. (I had the Tabatchnick’s tomato with basil frozen soup.)
- Nutrition note: Adding fresh apple to a sandwich not only gives it a nice crunch, but adds vitamin C and fiber.