Jamie says: On my Superwoman Saturday, I made this Signature Salad with Roasted White Sweet Potato and Spicy Wasbi Peas. I’m calling it a Superwoman Saturday because I like the alliteration and I really jam-packed a ton into my one-day weekend. Plus, Superwoman needs to eat super tasty super foods, like those in this salad, to rock her day…
The key to a healthful diet is to make it beautiful and absolutely delicious.
Signature Salad with Roasted White Sweet Potato and Spicy Wasabi Peas
- 1 small tomato (Tasti-Lee, organic)
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 3 mini sweet peppers (yellow and orange, Pero Family Farms)
- 2 stalks celery (organic)
- 1/4 small cucumber
- 2 scallions
- 2 hard-boiled egg*
- 2 cups super greens (Organic Girl)
- 1/2 cup refrigerated roasted white sweet potato made with oregano*
- 2 Tbsp crumbled tomato & basil feta cheese (Athenos)
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes julienne cut with herbs, including oil (California Sun Dry)
- 1/4 cup wasabi peas (Woodstock)
- Chop tomato and add salt and pepper. Slice peppers, reserving seeds. Chop celery and cucumber. Use kitchen shears to cut scallions. Chop egg.
- Add salad greens to a bowl. Top with tomatoes, peppers with seeds, celery, cucumber, scallions, and egg. Add sweet potatoes, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle oil from sun dried tomatoes evenly on top of greens. Top with wasabi peas. Enjoy!
*These ingredients require advanced preparation and should be kept refrigerated until use
- Nutrition note: Cool cooked potatoes are a source of resistant starch which: may help protect against colon cancer, assist in weight loss, and function as a prebiotic. (Think of prebiotics as food for the probiotics, aka good bacteria, in your digestive tract.) Now that’s pretty cool. Learn more at Today’s Dietitian.