Jamie says: I was on a roll cooking this weekend. I made about five recipes, including this delicious and oh-so-easy Cinnamon-Sugar Tangerine Parfait.
All I’m seeing right now is orange and blue, orange and blue. I am forever a University of Florida Gator.
Four ingredients. Ready in no time.
Cinnamon-Sugar Tangerine Parfait
- 1 tangerine (or clementine or portion of an orange)
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup 1% lowfat cottage cheese (Friendship)
- Peel skin off tangerine and discard. Peel tangerine in half (along the lines of the segments). Laying each half flat on a cutting board, use a knife to cut strips in the opposite direction as the segment lines, creating bite-size pieces. Place pieces in a small bowl. Top with cinnamon and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- In a serving bowl, layer tangerine segments and cottage cheese by alternating spoonfuls from the cottage cheese tub and the tangerine bowl to create a parfait (e.g. tangerines, cottage cheese, tangerines, cottage cheese, tangerines). Serve cold. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Cottage cheese and fruit make a great snack option. The protein in cottage cheese provides fullness and the carbohydrates in fruit give you energy. To reduce the saturated fat (which is the type of fat that when consumed in excess is not good for your cholesterol or heart), you can reduce fat content by choosing fat free or 1% (or 2% if you’re currently considering full fat varieties).