Jamie says: Sometimes you want something quick to eat. Sometimes you’re looking for more of a fancy meal. And sometimes, you can have both…
Smokey flavor, fresh herbs, and a fancy husk. Can’t get much better than this.
Oh wait. It can get better- It’s ready in less than 5 minutes. Really.
Smokey Parmesan Cilantro Corn on the Cob
- 1 medium ear of corn on the cob, with husk
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp buttery spread (Earth Balance)
- 1/4 tsp smokey salt and herb rub (Williams-Sonoma Smokehouse Rub)
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (Publix)
- Briefly run corn on the cob (with husk on) under running water and place in microwave (leaving husk on). Cook for 2 minutes or until kernels are softened and corn is hot.
- Use kitchen shears to cut cilantro into small pieces. Place on a serving plate.
- Pull husks back from corn. On a separate plate, spread buttery spread on corn using a knife and rolling corn in buttery spread if needed. Sprinkle rub on top and roll corn in rub. Repeat sprinkling and rolling process with grated parmesan cheese.
- Place seasoned corn on the cob on the serving plate with cilantro. Take a few sprigs of cilantro and place on top of corn. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 cob of corn
- Nutrition note: Corn is a good source of fiber (which helps keep you full), vitamin B6 (for metabolism and the nervous system), niacin (for metabolism), and phosphorus (for bone health and energy production).