Jamie says: I am not sure where I came up with the idea for this recipe- Bourbon Maple Squash- but it sure is tasty!
It’s made in a slow cooker (Crock Pot), too. Gotta love the Crock Pot and gotta love a delicious fresh (and sweet) take on squash…
Bourbon Maple Squash
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 thick slices yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- dash salt
- Preheat slow-cooker (Crock Pot) to high heat. Wash squash. Microwave whole (with skin) for about 2-3 minutes to soften. Allow to cool. Use a knife to cut skin off and discard. Chop squash into pieces, discarding seeds (or reserving them for another recipe).
- Chop onion. Add squash, onion, canola oil, and bourbon to slow cooker. Use a wooden spoon to stir to combine. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until squash is soft.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top of cooked squash. Add a dash of salt if desired. Serve in little bowls. Enjoy!
Servings: about 2
- Nutrition note: Butternut squash is a rich source of beta carotene (vitamin A).