Jamie says: Looking for a quick and easy gluten free chicken tender recipe with a delicious dipping sauce? Look no further!
Thanks to my Mom, I learned that crushed Corn Chex make an awesome gluten free breadcrumb substitute.
And thanks to my Dad, I had a ton of mangoes to experiment with!
Check out this chicken tender- looks like a dinosaur to me. Do you think kids will think so? (Requires a little bit of imagination.) Substitute these for the conventional, packaged dinosaur chicken tenders…
A naturally sweet sauce for some crunchy chicken.
Gluten Free Chicken Tenders with Coconut Mango Dipping Sauce
- 2/3 lb boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (Publix Greenwise)
- 1/3 cup corn cereal (Chex)
- 1/2 cup mango, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tsp coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Crush cereal in a bag or on a large plate and coat chicken strips by rolling each strip in the crushed cereal. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- In a food processor, blend mango, maple syrup, and coconut flakes. Place in a serving bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- Place chicken tenders on a plate and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with coconut mango dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: If you need to eat gluten free, make sure to double check that the ingredients and labels on the products you’re using are gluten free and to use ingredients that have not been cross-contaminated.