Jamie says: Brushetta… I just had the epiphany that it’s the Italians’ version of salsa. And just like salsa, it can be enjoyed in many ways…
I love the bright colors and the fact that they’re the same colors as the Italian flag.
Believe me, the end piece was nothing to leave behind.
Scoop the bruschetta on top of the bread, close your eyes, and savor the flavor.
Bruschetta Mozzarella over Garlic Loaf Bread
- 3 small slices Tuscan roasted garlic loaf (Publix Bakery)
- 1/2 medium fresh vine-ripened tomato
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella cheese (Sorrento)
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (Filippo Berio)
- pinch salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- Place bread slices in a toaster and toast until lightly toasted.
- Chop tomato. Cut mozzarella into small pieces and add to chopped tomato along with fresh basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Scoop brushetta mozzarella onto bread slices. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Freeze fresh (and packaged) bread to make it last longer. Freezing bread helps keep your bread tasting fresh and prevents it from spoiling. Additionally, you don’t have to feel as though you have to eat the whole loaf in a few days.