Jamie says: The chocolate raspberry combination has always been a winner in my book. Add kefir to the mix and you’ve got- breakfast!
When you blend kefir with cocoa and ice, it becomes silky and smooth. Think of it as another delicious variation of chocolate milk.
Cereal with Cocoa Kefir and Fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup low fat plain kefir (Lifeway)
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp natural unsweetened 100% cocoa (Hershey’s)
- 1 serving whole grain cereal (29 biscuits of Kashi Berry Fruitful Whole Wheat Biscuits)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a mini blender, combine kefir, ice cubes, and cocoa until frothy and ice is melted.
- Pour cocoa kefir into a bowl. Top with whole grain cereal and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Kefir is a natural source of probiotics (the good bacteria). I’ve been enjoying kefir daily after a course of antibiotics to help replenish my good gut bacteria and boost my immunity.