Jamie says: Who doesn’t like the combination of warm, soft bread with melting “butter” and the simple sweetness of pure honey? I usually associate this tasty pair as a restaurant appetizer, but you can easily make your own…
It’s oh-so-good and oh-so-easy, too! Honey butter and bakery bread. They’re just meant for each other. A perfect pair.
Whole Wheat Buns with Honey Butter
- one 100% whole wheat dinner roll (Publix Bakery)
- 1 Tbsp buttery spread (Smart Balance, Original)
- 1 tsp honey (Publix, Pure Clover Honey)
- Cut roll in half (hamburger-style) with a serrated knife. Place cut-side up on a small microwave-safe plate.
- Cut buttery spread in two pieces and place one on each piece of bread.
- Microwave for 15 seconds. Use a butter knife to evenly spread the buttery spread. Drizzle honey on top. Microwave for an additional 5 seconds. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 roll
- Nutrition note: Like the honey butter bread from restaurants? Make your own healthier, portion-controlled version by using one whole wheat roll, trans-fat free spread, and real honey.