Jamie says: I took my own advice. I tried one a new fruit or vegetable. (In my case, it was a veggie.)
Meet Mr. White Sweet Potato. He’s mildly sweet and has the texture of a sweet potato but looks a little more like your Idaho potato in color.
I brought the ketchup to the table, but totally forgot it was there (meaning, it was so good on it’s own that ketchup would . I served it with the Balsamic-Glazed Roasted Asparagus with Crumbled Blue Cheese (blog post to come) and then it advanced from amazing to amazing times a million!
Roasted White Sweet Potatoes with Crushed Rosemary
- 1 medium organic white sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash coarse sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- dash crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 365F. Cut potato into 1/4″ slices. Chop slices into pieces of equal size. Place in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and rosemary on top. Toss to coat and evenly distribute on baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tender and lightly brown.
Serving suggestion: Serve with Balsamic-Glazed Roasted Asparagus with Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Nutrition note: Can’t think of another source of vitamin C besides citrus? The potato is an excellent source of vitamin C, too!