Jamie says: I couldn’t help but think of Christmas when I sat down to eat this one morning. Only a few months ’till Christmas (in July), right?
Red and green aren’t only for Christmas!
Think outside the [box] and try edamame with breakfast- on oatmeal!P.S. The frozen raspberries and milk are perfect for cooling down the hot oats.
Edamame & Raspberry Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (Quaker)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup raspberries, frozen (Publix)
- 1/4 cup freeze dried salted edamame
- 1/3 cup fat free milk and omega 3s (Smart Balance)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oats and water. Stir. Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries. Top with edamame and milk. Enjoy!
Nutrition note: This fiber-filled and protein-rich breakfast will help keep you full. The oats, raspberries, and edamame are the ingredients packed with fiber; and the edamame and milk are the source of protein.