Jamie says: Yesterday was the day- I hosted my Pool Party Benefit Dinner for the March of Dimes! It was awesome!
Seventeen friends came out for some food, fun, and music. It was a nice group with friends from work, running club, high school, college, my apartment complex, and beyond.
Together, we raised $310 for the March of Dimes. With family donations, I am now at a total of $380!
If anyone feels the call to donate, I’m happily accepting donations at my site is: http://www.marchforbabies.org/msjamiecs
Thank you for your support. 🙂
Friends graciously brought dishes to share. I made slow-cooked BBQ pork, whole grain brown rice, cumin cilantro black beans, and- my favorite- a new Peanut Sesame Ginger Slaw! I also bought Publix Bakery onion dinner rolls and Publix Bakery 100% whole wheat mountain bread.
The community came together to contribute items, too.
The ginger slaw was wicked good. It was so flavorful with that sweet and salty combo and had lots of crunch!
Peanut Sesame Ginger Slaw
- 5 scallions (green onions)
- 6 coconut date rolls (Bard Valley Natural Delights- Publix produce section)
- 16 oz (1 bag) coleslaw- green cabbage, carrots, and red cabbage (Publix)
- 12 fl oz (1 bottle) ginger dressing (Naturally Fresh- Publix refrigerated produce section)
- 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds (Advanced Fresh Concepts- by sushi)
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cocktail peanuts (Planters)
- Use kitchen shears to chop scallions. Cut dates into small pieces.
- Pour coleslaw in a large bowl along with chopped scallions and dates, ginger dressing, sesame seeds, and peanuts. Toss to mix. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Do you know why this dish is an excellent source of vitamin A? It’s because the ginger dressing and coleslaw are both made with carrots, an excellent source of vitamin A in form of beta carotene!