Jamie says: Happy St Patrick’s Day, and top o’ the morning to you!
Thanks to my parents for the awesome St. Patty’s Day care package, I had a festive breakfast this morning that included some green (pistachios) and pot o’ gold (or at least a marshmallow one).
I liked having the smaller size container of Lucky Charms instead of the whole box.
I enjoy Lucky Charms once a year for this Irish holiday. They bring me back to when we used to go on ski trips in North Carolina when I was little. (I’m really surprised I can remember that.)
The frozen bananas had a large marshmallow-like consistency.
- 1/2 banana
- 0.75 oz (1/2 of a 1.5 oz bag) Wonderful roasted and salted pistachios
- 3/4 cup (1/2 of a 1.7 oz container) Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/4 cup Quaker brown sugar Oatmeal Squares cereal
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- Slice banana. Place in a reclosable container in the freezer until frozen.
- Remove shells from pistachios.
- Pour Lucky Charms and Oatmeal Squares in a bowl. Mix.
- Top with pistachios and frozen banana slices.
- Pour milk on top. Enjoy with a green napkin!
- Nutrition note: You can purchase sugar-sweetened cereals (and other treats) in smaller packages so you get your sweet fix but you’re not as tempted to eat a large portion. You can also mix in a fiber-rich whole grain cereal and some nuts to help fill you up.