Jamie says: I realized you don’t have to have a grill to make delicious pork chops. I made mine in the broiler and they were awesome!
I love garlic. It’s simple and true. It might have something to do with growing up on the cooking of my Italian-side of the family…
I saved the pan drippings and drizzled them on top for a homemade gravy.
Garlicky Broiled Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops (<1 lb center cut pork rib chops)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- Set oven on broil. Place pork chops in a baking dish. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Peel garlic and place in a garlic press over pork chops. Save extra pieces from garlic press and place on top of pork chops. Tear basil into pieces and add to pork chops.
- Broil for about 13 minutes, flip, and broil an additional 13 minutes or until cooked throughout. Allow to rest for 3 minutes. Drizzle pan drippings on top of plated pork for a gravy if desired.
- Nutrition note: Pork contains B vitamins that are important in metabolism.