Jamie says: I bought three of the six new Publix Deli salads (which were on sale last week and this week) and have been thoroughly enjoying experimenting with them in different recipes, such as this Three Bean Roll-Up…
I enjoyed mine as a pre-workout snack or mini meal (what I now like to call a snack).
These would also make a great (and simple) appetizer for the Super Bowl or a party.
I used herbs for color (and a hint of flavor).
Three Bean Roll-Up
- 1 whole wheat flatbread wrap (Flatout- Honey Wheat)
- 1/2 cup three bean salsa- black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans (Publix Deli)
- dash parsley, optional
- dash ground paprika, optional
- Place wrap flat on a plate. Use a spoon to scoop and spread three bean salsa on top of wrap.
- Roll wrap, starting with one end and continuing until reaching the other, in a spiral. Use a knife to cut into 1 inch slices.
- Sprinkle parsley and paprika on plate, if desired. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: sprinkle parsley and paprika on the plate
- Nutrition note: Make snacks count. Think of them as an opportunity to get some good-for-you nutrients in your body instead of just filling up. To help remind you of their potential benefit, try calling them mini meals.