Jamie says: I woke up one morning and was not in the mood for breakfast. (That never happens by the way.) I still wanted to eat something to get me energized for the morning, and a smoothie all of a sudden sounded perfect…
And yes it was! It was refreshing and sweet…
…and tasted like tropical paradise in a cup (or should I say mug in this case)!
Tropical Grapefruit Smoothie
- 1 small banana, organic
- 1 cup 100% grapefruit juice, ruby red (Florida’s Natural)
- 5 chunks frozen mango (Dole)
- 5 chunks frozen pineapple (Publix)
- Slice banana.
- Pour juice into a mini blender followed by frozen mango, frozen pineapple, and sliced banana. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Enjoy fruit for sweetness instead of dessert today. Although fruit and dessert both contain sugar, fruit, unlike most desserts, has other nutrients such as vitamin C and fiber, that play an important role in your health.