Jamie says: The dietitian in me thought it was extremely necessary to go to the grocery store at night just to pick up a bottle of kefir. Most people probably go to the grocery store because they ran out of a staple like milk, or needed an ingredient for a recipe, but nope- I went for a bottle of the probiotic-rich, drinkable yogurt.
Give greens a try! They actually add a hint of a nice natural flavor.
Drink in class, by pouring your smoothie in a wine glass. (hehe…I should be a poet…)
Berry Basil Kale Peanut Butter Kefir Smoothie
- 1 cup low fat raspberry kefir (Lifeway)
- 1 cup baby kale salad mix- baby kale, tango, baby spinach, baby green chard, baby green romaine, baby green oakleaf lettuce (Organic Girl- I ❤ Baby Kale!)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 8 frozen pitted cherries (Publix)
- 1 Tbsp natural chunky peanut butter (Smuckers)
- 2 ice cubes
- Pour kefir in a small blender followed by baby kale, basil leaves, cherries, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Serve in a wine glass with a kale leaf on top if desired. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Kefir contains probiotics, which are the good bacteria for your digestive system.