Jamie says: This salad reminded me that cooking is a stress reliever for me. Maybe not for everyone, but for me, cooking is one of those activities that you zone out in and forget about everything else. Oh, and did I mention? In the end you have a beautiful piece of edible art. Sweet! Well, this one is also crunchy and colorful and tender… (I crack myself up sometimes).
These chicken tenders are healthy because they use whole wheat breadcrumbs and are served on a bed of superfood greens with veggies on top.
Check out those vibrant, natural colors!
Make your own masterpiece for lunch, stress-relief, or just for fun!
Crunchy BBQ Chicken Tenders on Baby Kale Salad
- 3/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (Publix Greenwise)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce, divided (Bull’s-Eye- Brown Sugar & Hickory)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs (Ian’s)
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle, red
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bell pepper, yellow
- 1 tomato (Tasti-Lee)
- 6 cups baby kale salad mix- baby kale, tango, baby spinach, baby green chard, baby green romaine, baby green oakleaf lettuce (Organic Girl- I ❤ Baby Kale!)
- no stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a pan using no stick cooking spray. Crack egg in a bowl. Beat in 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce. In a separate bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, chili powder, chipotle, and cumin. Dip chicken tenders in egg mixture followed by breadcrumb mixture and place on pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Chop bell pepper and tomato. Divide kale among two serving bowls and top with chopped bell pepper and tomato.
- Top salad with cooked chicken tenders and drizzle each salad with 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Go for the greens! These greens are a vitamin-powerhouse with 150% Daily Value (DV) of vitamin A, 70% DV of vitamin C, and 400% DV of vitamin K in just 3 cups according to the Nutrition Facts label on the Organic Girl package.