Jamie says: Lobster tails. They’re absolutely delicious but usually a fortune. They were BOGO at Publix this week. Now, I’ve had ’em (and thoroughly enjoyed them) at restaurants before, but never had I made them. That changed this weekend. I’m not going to lie, I was slightly intimidated by them. But after talking with the gentleman at the seafood counter, I learned how simple it was…
I couldn’t believe how easy it was! I plopped ’em in some boiling water and had myself an amazing lobster dinner. Fun fact- they were brown at first but almost instantly turned pink in the boiling water!
I ate both. I told myself, “I’m worth it.” And you are, too!
- 2 lobster tails
- 2 Tbsp trans fat free buttery spread (Smart Balance)
- Bring water in a large pot to a boil. Carefully add lobster tails. Cook until lobster flesh is opaque and pearly, about 8 minutes. Carefully use tongs to remove lobster from water and place on a plate.
- Scoop buttery spread into a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 20 seconds or until melted.
- Serve lobster with buttery spread. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Lobster is a lean protein with 16 grams of protein and only 80 calories and 1 gram of fat, according to the USDA. By choosing a spread like Smart Balance that’s free of trans fats, lower in saturated fat, and has added nutrients (like omega 3s and vitamin D), your making a healthier choice.