Jamie says: Whew! I feel like I’ve been booking my days SOLID. My to-do list is a mile and a half long and the second I cross one thing off I think of eight more things to add to it. In my case, it’s from the moving process (I’m talking hours spent shopping for apartment essentials, assembling IKEA furniture, etc.) but I’m sure you can relate with the holidays right around the corner. In this craziness, we still need eat. And why not make it something that’s tasty and that will fuel your engine to power you through the day…
I made this for a quick lunch. Think of it as a berry pizza or a spin on brie.
I loved how it looked. (Oh, by the way, that green stuff in the back is simply sauteed spinach.)
Fresh Berries and Melted Mozzarella on Rye
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- two 1/2″ thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese (Sorrento fresh mozzarella ball)
- 2 slices rye bread (Vine’s Eastside Rye- from Gainesville’s Downtown Farmers’ Market- my last slices, frozen, from Gainesville)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash and thoroughly dry blackberries and raspberries with a paper towel. Cut cheese in pieces.
- Place rye slices on a baking sheet with berries and cheese on top. Heat for about 6 minutes or until cheese is partially melted and berries are warm. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Pictured with sauteed spinach.
- Nutrition note: Berries have great-for-you phytonutrients that the Nutrition Facts Label doesn’t catch.