Jamie says: Yes, I know that the major stores have moved on from Halloween and Thanksgiving and have all of their Christmas decorations on display. But technically it is still November, so I figured I could get away with posting another pumpkin recipe or two. Plus, I just put away the last of my Halloween/fall decorations- even though I got my Christmas tree (might I add it’s my first one) this weekend. I couldn’t resist sharing this awesome Pumpkin Tofu Shake recipe, too.
It was my first time using silken tofu and it won’t be my last- I was pleasantly surprised. The shake was creamy like ice cream and had a wonderful autumn taste.
So dig in and celebrate the end of fall by making your own Pumpkin Tofu Shake with that half-opened can of pumpkin in your fridge.
Pumpkin Tofu Shake
- 1/4 block semi-frozen silken tofu (Nasoya organic)
- 1/3 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 2 ice cubes
- Add ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately or freeze to make more creamy.
- Nutrition note: Enjoy an ice cream-like consistency without all the saturated fat by using silken tofu. Nasoya’s silken tofu has no saturated fat.