Jamie says: It’s been a busy last few weeks between job applications, interviews, packing, cooking, exercising- and wrapping up the pilot program at work. I was so excited to distribute my Vet HEALTH 2012 Special Edition Cookbook & Guidebooks to the Vets. I also created a cookbook/guidebook to be distributed in future years to come and developed a manual for the next program coordinator(s). I also had my first book signing which was exciting. (I also asked the Vets to sign my book.)
For busy days and nights, a quick dinner (with enough leftovers for lunch) is a must. On one of those nights I made…
I loved how this microwave meal was ready in minutes and was exploding with flavor. I was excited to have the other half for lunch the next day at work.
Loaded Potato with Greek Yogurt, Shredded Cheddar, and Bacon
- 1 medium/large Idaho potato
- 6 oz 0% fat plain Greek yogurt (Chobani)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat (2%) shredded cheddar cheese (Kraft)
- 2 slices bacon (Oscar Mayer Center Cut Original)
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley (Publix)
- dash sea salt
- Wash potato and use a fork to pierce holes in it. Wrap potato in a very damp paper towel. Microwave for about 5-6 minutes or until soft and cooked throughout.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for about 2 minutes or until crispy and cooked throughout.
- Cut potato in half. Scoop Greek yogurt on top of each half and top with shredded cheese, bacon pieces, parsley, and salt. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Use 0% fat Greek yogurt and reduced fat shredded cheese to cut back on the saturated fat, total fat, and calories. Added bonus- Greek yogurt adds lots of good for you nutrients like calcium, protein, and probiotics.