Jamie says: I’ve really been digging the whole chocolate-covered fruit idea. Last week I made Dark Chocolate Covered Figs and this week I’m making Dark Chocolate Raspberries and Blueberries Clusters with Flaked Coconut. What will be next?
They look all fancy schmancy, but they’re really quite simple to make.
My Mom said that the dark chocolate covered raspberries she had at my aunt’s house tasted just like Joyva Jelly Rings…I concur! Oh, and the chocolate coconut combo makes me think of the Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies!
Dark Chocolate Raspberries and Blueberries Clusters with Flaked Coconut
- 16 blueberries
- 7 raspberries
- 1/4 cup bittersweet 60% cacao premium baking chocolate chips (Ghiradelli)
- 1 tsp shredded coconut (Woodstock)
- Wash fruit. Dry on a paper towel. Place wax paper on a plate.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds. Stir. (If chocolate is not completely melted, microwave for an additional ten seconds and stir, repeating until melted.)
- Dip one raspberry in chocolate, and use a spoon to evenly coat. Place on wax paper.
- Drop blueberries into remaining chocolate, and use a spoon to evenly coat. Place on wax paper- in clusters of 4 berries. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: One benefit of this recipe is that you can make just one serving. Make one serving and there won’t be more to tempt you to go back for seconds.