Jamie says: Ever make French toast and have leftover raw egg in the dipping bowl? Um, all the time, right? Instead of tossing it, try scrambling the eggs. Then you’ll have Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast and Scrambled Eggs!
Sweet goodness. I loved the scent of the vanilla as the French toast and eggs cooked.
Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast and Scrambled Eggs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash ground cinnamon
- 2 slices 100% stoneground whole wheat bread (Publix Premium)
- no stick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp buttery spread (Smart Balance)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Place a large nonstick pan on a burner on medium heat. Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Whip with a fork. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Whip to combine.
- Spray pan with no stick cooking spray. Dip both sides of sliced bread into vanilla cinnamon egg mixture. Place on pan. Repeat with other slice of bread.
- Cook each slice for 1 minute or until egg is cooked on the bottom side. Flip with a spatula. Cook other side of an additional minute or until egg is cooked. Place on a clean plate.
- Pour remaining egg mixture into pan. Stir frequently to scramble, for about 1 minute or until cooked throughout. Serve with French toast. Top French toast with buttery spread and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Watching your sodium? Try adding vanilla and cinnamon to your eggs. You won’t even think of touching the salt shaker.