Jamie says: I’ve been wanting to bake apples for a couple of weeks now. I’m not sure why, but I’ve just had the urge to. I was down to my last apple in the fridge, so I decided it was time to experiment. I was thinking about how good brie and fruit are and made this simple recipe with that mouthwatering recipe in mind…
With only two ingredients, it was quite easy to make. I watched the Olympics (swimming) while I waited for them to bake…
I loved the combination of tender, warm apples with oozing, soft, melted soft cheese… I can’t wait to bake some more apples! They’re on tomorrow’s grocery list.
Baked Apples with Melted Mozzarella
- 1 medium apple (organic gala)
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella cheese (Sorrento)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use an apple corer to remove core and cut apple into slices. Use a knife to cut each slice in half for a total of 16 slices. Place on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Cut cheese into small strips and place on top of baked apple slices. Heat an additional 5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove from pan. Serve on a plate. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Here are some nutrition facts- This snack has about 160 calories, 19 g carbs, 3 grams fiber (13% daily value), and 5 grams protein. The protein from the cheese and the fiber from the apple will help keep you satisfied between meals.