Jamie says: Lately, I’ve really been enjoying avocados. That’s because they’re in season (which means they’re at their finest). I couldn’t get enough of them- I’ve added sliced avocados to sandwiches, pureed avocados and added them as a sour cream substitute for soup, and have whipped up guacamole. Here’s the guac recipe. It’s a refreshing summer addition…
- 1/3 avocado (California)
- 1 thin slice small onion (yellow)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small tomato (Tasti-Lee)
- 1/4 lemon
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- Chop avocado. Place in a bowl. Partially mash with a fork.
- Finely mince onion and garlic. Chop tomato. Squeeze lemon juice on top and remove any seeds. Add salt and pepper. Mix. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Enjoy with healthy chips, on a sandwich, or as a topping for tacos.
- Nutrition note: Fun fact: There are some omega 3s in avocados. According to the California Avocado Commission, there are 40 mg of omega 3s in 1/5 avocado.