Jamie says: I’m loving watching the summer Olympics this year. I mean, I’ve always enjoyed watching the Olympics, but this year it’s becoming a daily routine. I turn the TV on at 8:00, get out my computer, and watch. I especially love the swimming and gymnastics. I just watched Ryan Lochte place first in the 200 m backstroke in the semifinals. It’s so cool that he is a UF Gator and I’ve met him.
Tonight, I made a special treat for my Olympics-viewing…
Dark Chocolate Covered Figs
- 1/4 cup bittersweet 60% cacao premium baking chocolate chips (Ghiradelli)
- 5 fresh figs (brown Turkish figs)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave by heating at 50% cook power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for an additional ten seconds and stir, repeating until melted.
- Cut tops off figs. Slice figs in half.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a plate. Dip fig halves in melted chocolate and place on wax paper. Refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until chocolate is hardened. Enjoy while watching the Olympics!
- Nutrition note: Choose dark chocolate chips for antioxidants and a heart-healthy dessert.