Jamie says: I’ve been really digging the pasta + salad + protein combinations. And for good reason, too! (See nutrition note at the bottom of this post.)
One of my tasty pasta salad combinations was this Wild Alaskan Salmon over Italian Pasta and Baby Greens.
Enjoy the salmon while it’s in season. It won’t last long.
Wild Alaskan Salmon over Italian Pasta and Baby Greens
- about 15 pieces fusilli napoletani (Italian pasta; Pasta Vietri)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Italian herbs
- dash coarse sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon (Publix)
- 1 stem celery
- 1/2 tomato (vine-ripened)
- 2 cups washed mixed baby greens (Organic Girl Super Greens- red & green swis chard, tat soi, arugula, and spinach)
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. [In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 11 minutes. Drain water from pot.] Pour extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle Italian herbs, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper on pasta.
- Preheat a saute pan on medium heat. Place salmon on pan and cover with a lid. Cook about 4 minutes. Flip using a spatula and cook an additional 5 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Chop celery and tomato.
- Assemble salad: Place greens on a plate with chopped celery and tomatoes. Top with pasta and salmon. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Add some salad with veggies to your pasta and then pick a healthy protein. Adding salad with veggies will add volume (making your plate look full), color, texture, flavor, and different nutrients. Add the protein, like salmon, and you’ve got yourself a healthy meal.