Jamie says: Want to know something funny? This is my second attempt at gnocchi. The first definitely wasn’t blog-worthy. It required chocolate after to satisfy me. But this simple recipe definitely made my taste buds sing for joy.
There’s something about that simple, freshly poured extra virgin olive oil that is just so delicious. Just think about that dipping oil at Macaroni Grill or Carrabba’s Italian Grill…
Parmesan cheese… yum! It adds a little saltiness. And that fresh basil… no need to mask any of this fresh flavor.
Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Fresh Basil & Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz whole wheat gnocchi with sweet potato (Gia Russa)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Filippo Berio)
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (Publix)
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- Cook gnocchi according to directions on package. [Bring water to a boil, add gnocchi, cook for about 2-3 minutes or until they float. Remove gnocchi immediately from hot water.]
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use kitchen shears to snip (or a knife to cut) fresh basil over gnocchi. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Choose whole wheat gnocchi with sweet potato for some whole-grain goodness and vitamin A.