Kathryn says: My uncle has a mango tree, and, lucky for me, he’s a very good sharer. I’ve been enjoying the fruit by itself, but today I came home wanting something cold to soothe my sore throat (I’m getting over the flu).
I whipped up this smoothie pretty quickly with the help of our flourishing herb garden in the backyard (Thanks, Mom).
Don’t let the yellow-green color scare you away. Just think, mojitos have green in them too, and they sure are good, right?
The two herbs that made this green each have their own perks. The mint is refreshing, and the basil cuts the sweetness down just the slightest bit, both leaving a subtle, earthy taste on your tongue.
Garden Mango Smoothie
- 1 ripe mango, peeled
- a sprig of fresh mint, rinsed (maybe 5-7 medium leaves)
- a sprig of fresh basil, rinsed (maybe 3-5 medium leaves)
- -1/2 cup ice (I used crushed ice)
- Cut meat off mango and place into blender.
- Add ice and herbs.
- Blend until smooth.
- Did you know? Basil is a member of the mint family.