Jamie says: I made this dinner in under 5 minutes. I had to. I needed a quick meal, because I made an appointment for a massage that I definitely didn’t want to be late for. I was hoping dinner would be sustaining and somewhat tasty. I didn’t expect it to be absolutely amazing- but it was! Can’t get much better than that- a delicious meal and a massage… what a night!
The reason it took me less than 5 minutes was that I had previously cooked the lasagna noodles (and had frozen them) and the Garlic Kale Chips (and refrigerated them). I also had pesto on hand in the freezer. So, I just tossed those three ingredients in a bowl along with some cottage cheese and microwaved the meal. Since most people probably don’t have frozen lasagna and cooked garlic kale on hand, I wrote the recipe from the beginning, but you could definitely freeze these ingredients and have a quick dinner like I did one night. I took the bowl with me out the door and made it to my destination on time and well-fed.
It’s not your typical lasagna- it’s quicker and easier and still absolutely delicious!
Pesto Kale Lasagna with Cottage Cheese
- 3 pieces whole grain lasagna (Ronzoni Healthy Harvest)
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce with basil, garlic, and pine nuts (Monterey Pasta Company)
- 4 oz container cottage cheese (Breakstone’s 2% with live and active cultures)
- 1 cup Garlic Kale Chips
- Fill a medium pot 1/2 full with water. Add lasagna pieces one by one. Gently stir to make sure they are all covered by water. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove with tongs and lay on wax paper so the pasta doesn’t stick. Chop lasagna into large, bite sized-pieces.
- In a serving bowl, combine chopped lasagna, pesto, cottage cheese, and Garlic Kale Chips. Stir.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until warm. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Freeze for freshness, flavor, convenience, and nutrition. Freezing locks in nutrients and prolongs “shelf-life.”