Jamie says: I’m not the biggest risk-taker. So I’m surprised to say that I made pulled pork (something I’ve never made before and didn’t follow a recipe to make) as the main dish for my large dinner party. Luck (or I’d like to say experience) was on my side because I served my guests delicious, tender, falling apart pulled pork and not a huge 4 lb hunk of raw meat.
Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork is ridiculously easy to make, too. Just throw it in a slow cooker- and wait.
Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4.3 lbs boneless Boston butt roast
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (Bull’s Eye, Sweet & Tangy)
- Place pork in a slow cooker (Crock Pot) on high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lid on top. Cook for 5 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on a plate. Use a fork to shred pork. Serve with BBQ sauce. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Pork is an excellent source of the vitamin thiamin, which is important in metabolism.