Jamie says: Ever had roasted garlic before? It’s super easy and tastes quite amazing… nothing like raw or cooked garlic in any of its forms, e.g. sliced, minced, pressed, etc. (Although I do love garlic in every way it’s prepared.)
Here’s a step by step pictorial guide of how I made Roasted Garlic.
After slicing the top off the garlic, pour on that extra virgin olive oil…
I then wrapped it up…and tossed it (actually, gently placed it) in the oven.
I waited a bit (an hour) and carefully took it out of the oven. And there I had it- Roasted Garlic! It’s mild and smooth. Perfect for bread.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut about 1″ off top of garlic- slicing through the tops of the garlic cloves. Save the whole top piece.
- Place garlic cut side up on aluminum foil. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil in the cut piece. Place garlic top piece back on.
- Pull corners of aluminum foil to the center and pinch the aluminum together to create a Hershey’s Kiss-like shape.
- Place in oven and cook for about 1 hour or until garlic is soft. Allow to cool slightly. Squeeze garlic cloves out.
- Enjoy on bread, meat, or in a soup!
Serves: 2-4 (as a condiment)
- Nutrition note: Garlic is low in calories but high in flavor. It may have cholesterol-lowering, blood pressure-lowering, and circulation-improving effects, according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Tip of the Day: Is Garlic Good for Your Health.