Jamie says: I was craving something similar to the sweet chicken found at Chinese restaurants and came up with Honey Sesame Chicken Cutlets.
It was sweet and slightly sally, simple yet different. Depending on the look you want, you can serve the chicken top or bottom side up…
The sesame seeds and breadcrumbs added a crunchy/crispy texture.
I enjoyed the sweet honey flavor so much. (I even drizzled some more on top later.)
Honey Sesame Chicken Cutlets
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken breast cutlets (Publix Greenwise 99% fat free fresh from Florida)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp honey, divided
- 1/4 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs (Ian’s)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- dash salt
- no stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with no stick cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup honey on a plate. On a separate plate, combine breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, and salt.
- Dip both sides of each chicken cutlet in honey and then roll it in the sesame breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake 18 minutes or until cooked throughout. Drizzle 2 tsp honey on top. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Calcium isn’t only found in dairy foods. By coating the chicken in sesame seeds you’re also adding calcium (among other nutrients) to this dairy-free dish. A pleasant surprise!