Jamie says: Ever go to those Pampered Chef parties? My Mom went to one a while ago and bought a metal spatula. It had a recipe for a mushroom bread. I really liked the soft mushrooms with thyme on them. That’s where my inspriation came form Thyme Mushrooms…
Although thyme flies, there’s plenty of it here!
I enjoyed it as a side dish with my chicken dinner and I used the chilled leftovers in my turkey sandwich. Delish!
- 1 tsp original buttery spread (Smart Balance)
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms (Publix)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (Filippo Berio)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- Melt buttery spread in a saute pan on medium heat. Add mushrooms, olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Enjoy with scrambled eggs for breakfast, in a sandwich for lunch, or as a side dish with dinner.
- Nutrition note: Mushrooms are high in riboflavin; good source of niacin, copper, pantothenate, according to Fruits & Veggies More Matters. Riboflavin, niacin, and panthothenate are B vitamins. Copper is a mineral.