Jamie says: It’s Friday and it’s Lent, which means no meat today. Sorry turkey pastrami, you’re going to have to wait until tomorrow…
This makes a great side salad. I loved the vegetable/ fruit and nut combo- and that dressing is great, too!
Look how bright those greens are!
And those tomatoes are beautiful! I learned that the variety Tasti-Lee was developed by my university, the University of Florida! Go Gators! I love Tasti-Lee tomatoes because they are thick, juicy, bright red, and less expensive than vine-ripened tomatoes.
Red Leaf Lettuce Side Salad
- 3 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 green bell pepper
- 1/2 tomato (Tasti-Lee)
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- 8 roasted and salted mini almonds (Wonderful)
- 2 Tbsp Tropical Mango Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette with omega-3 (Bolthouse Farms)
- Tear lettuce and place in a bowl. Chop bell pepper and tomato into large bite-sized pieces; add to lettuce. Top with raisins, almonds and salad dressing. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Go for the green! Darker colored leafy greens have more nutrients than the pale/light colored lettuce.