Jamie says: When it comes to breakfast, I’m usually a cereal girl. Except every once in a while, I really crave something different. Yesterday morning, it was a Bagel Sandwich with Herb and Swiss Scrambled Eggs.
I liked the bold Italian taste of the herbs and the soft Swiss in the eggs.
It made a nice breakfast sandwich.
Bagel Sandwich with Herb & Swiss Scrambled Eggs
- one 100% whole wheat sliced bagel (Publix)
- 1 tsp original buttery spread (Smart Balance)
- 2 large omega 3 eggs (4 Grain)
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- dash fine sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 thin slice reduced-fat lacy Swiss cheese (Boar’s Head)
- no stick cooking spray (PAM)
- Cut bagel in half and toast in toaster to desired brownness and crispiness. Spread buttery spread on bagel halves.
- Preheat a small frying pan on medium heat. Crack eggs in a small bowl and briefly beat with a fork. Spray pan with no stick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan. Using a spatula, scramble eggs for 2 minutes or until cooked. Place cheese on top of eggs to melt; use spatula to cut cheese and stir into eggs. Add thyme, oregano, sea salt, and pepper.
- Scoop eggs onto bottom of bagel. Close to make a sandwich. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Add herbs to your eggs for an antioxidant boost.