Jamie says: I made a Sardine Pasta Salad for a quick, healthy, delicious dinner. It would also make a great lunch, too!
I love sardines. I wouldn’t want to eat them all the time, but every so often, I crave ’em.
Pasta + salad = pasta salad.
Sardine Pasta Salad
- 3/4 cup rotini (Publix)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 tomato
- 1 thin slice yellow onion
- 1 piece celery
- 12 olives
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- dash fine sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 3.75 oz can sardines in olive oil (Brunswick; from Publix)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Add pasta. Boil for about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Place spinach on a plate. Chop cucumber, tomato, onion, and celery, and add to spinach along with olives.
- Add cooked pasta to salad. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on pasta. Sprinkle oregano, sea salt, and pepper on top. Top with sardines. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Love pasta but find yourself eating too much of it. Make a pasta salad with lots of veggies. You’ll satisfy your pasta craving, increase your nutrient intake, and cut back on some carbs and calories.