Jamie says: I enjoyed this meal for it’s simplicity and fresh flavor…
This lemon was from the downtown farmers’ market. Go local!
The lemon flavor was so refreshing! The lemon slices become very soft and retain their juices. I think using a local lemon made this dish even more tasty.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon (local- from farmers’ market)
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken tenders in a 13 x 9″ baking dish. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top of chicken.
- Zest a lemon over chicken. Cut lemon into circles. Pour juice from cutting board on top of chicken and place lemon circles around chicken tenderloins in the baking dish.
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley on top of chicken. Roll chicken to coat both sides. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Nutrition note: Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C, low in calories, and contain fiber.