Jamie says: I really enjoyed my Open-Faced Nova Sandwich with Roasted Asparagus, Cream Cheese, Arugula, Tomato & Onion that I had the other day. So I decided to make a few variations to the recipe, and present it in a whole new way…
Nova roll-ups are not to be confused with the “Fruit” Roll-Ups you had in elementary school. I’d have to say, these are a little classier and a lot healthier.
It tasted just like sushi without the rice, which I learned is called sashimi.
Dig in! Don’t forget the knife and fork. They’d like to be invited to this party!
Nova Roll-Ups on a Bed of Arugula
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 heirloom tomato
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 5 pieces Atlantic nova salmon (Vita Classic)
- 1 mini tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add sea salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Bake for 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Cut off the bottom ends and discard. Cut the asparagus in half. Refrigerate until cold.
- Slice tomato and onion. Quarter slices. Add salt and pepper to tomato. Chop bell pepper.
- Lay nova pieces on a large plate. Distribute asparagus, bell pepper, onion, and tomato among pieces, placing ingredients in the center of each piece of nova. Place cream cheese on top of ingredients. Pull both ends of nova toward center and press into cream cheese to hold together. Repeat with each piece.
- Place arugula in center of plate. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Raw, smoked seafood such as nova and lox should not be consumed by pregnant women, very young children, the elderly, or immunocompromised individuals because these groups have has a higher chance getting a food borne illness.