Jamie says: When nova salmon went on sale at Publix last week, I instantly picked up a pack and added it to my cart. I knew it would go to good use…
I made this Open-Faced Nova Sandwich with Roasted Asparagus, Cream Cheese, Arugula, Tomato & Onion for a nice afternoon lunch, but I could see at being served for a brunch party, too.
I loved the addition of roasted asparagus. It was slightly crispy and added so much flavor.
Usually, I enjoy nova/lox on a bagel, but it was delicious on the whole grain bread, too!
Open-Faced Nova Sandwich with Roasted Asparagus, Cream Cheese, Arugula, Tomato & Onion
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 heirloom tomato
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 2 slices seeded 100% whole grain wheat bread (Publix Bakery)
- 1 mini tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 pieces Atlantic nova salmon (Vita Classic)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut the band discard. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add sea salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Bake for 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Place half the asparagus stalks on a serving plate. Cut the remaining stalks in half for sandwich.
- Slice tomato and onion. Add salt and pepper to tomato.
- Place two slices of bread on a plate. Spread cream cheese on each slice. Top with arugula, onion, tomato, asparagus halves, and nova. Enjoy!
Serves: 1 -2
- Nutrition note: Those big puffy bagels at the bagel shop can pack in some calories. Enjoy a smaller bagel, whole wheat bread, English muffin, or 1/2 a big bagel to save room for more of the good stuff.