Jamie says: I’ve been wanting to make my own chicken salad with yogurt for a long time now. I’ve seen it on the menu at (and ordered it from) a few restaurants, and I always find it so enjoyable for a change. The day has finally come… I made my own chicken salad. But not just any chicken salad. It’s Cumin Chicken Salad with Raisins & Almonds. It was very flavorful and creamy. I liked the bold flavor of the cumin, the crisp fresh parsley, the plump raisins, and crunchy roasted almonds. P.S. Thanks for the new red plate, Kathryn!
Cumin Chicken Salad with Raisins & Almonds
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 6 oz plain fat free yogurt (Publix)
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted mini almonds (Wonderful)
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken breast on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with canola oil. Add brown sugar on top. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked throughout. Chop (or pull with a fork). Refrigerate.
- Juice lemon. Chop parsley. In a bowl, combine cold chopped chicken with yogurt, lemon juice, chopped parsley, almonds, raisins, garlic salt, and cumin. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Serve in a wrap or sandwich with sandwich toppings (e.g. lettuce, onion, etc).
- Nutrition note: By using plain fat free yogurt instead of mayonnaise you decreasing the fat and are adding protein, vitamins and minerals (such as calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, and potassium), and live and active cultures. Good deal and good taste!