Jamie says: I’m not sure why these sweet potatoes are my signature item, but they are. I certainly LOVE them and maybe that’s why I’ve become mildly famous for them (among my friends, at least).
I could probably eat these everyday and still not get tired of them.
Jamie’s Famous Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and chop sweet potatoes into cube-like, bite-sized pieces. Chop garlic into small to medium-sized pieces.
- Place sweet potatoes and garlic in a large baking dish. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle oregano, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper on top. Mix well.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until soft and slightly browned. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Sweet potatoes have lots of beta carotene (aka vitamin A). Leave the skin on ’em for some extra fiber, too.