Jamie says: You’ve probably been wondering all day whether or not I was going to post the recipe for the Lemon Sesame Green Beans that were pictured in yesterday’s Panko-Crusted BBQ Chipotle Chicken Tenders blog post (hehe, just kidding). But in case you were, I didn’t want you to be without it. So here it is.
They were simple to make, refreshing, and light. A perfect accompaniment for the Panko-Crusted BBQ Chipotle Chicken Tenders!
Lemon Sesame Green Beans
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 12 oz bag trimmed and washed, steams in a bag, fresh green beans (GreenLine Quick & Easy)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Pour sesame seeds on a small metal baking sheet with a rim. Toast for about 8 minutes.
- Poke holes in green bean bag using a fork. Microwave for 4 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Drain liquid from bag and pour green beans on a serving plate.
- Juice lemon. Pour lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and sesame seeds on green beans. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: Fresh, frozen, canned? What’s best? Frozen is good for locking in the nutrients. Fresh is good for flavor. And canned food is good for conveience. From a nutritional standpoint, fresh and frozen are usually better than canned because canned food often has a lot of added sodium and/or sugar.