Jamie says: After my first day of work, I came home and continued the unpacking- the goal for the evening was to complete the kitchen. After accomplishing this mission, I was ready for a quick, easy, and satisfying dinner. I made a PB & J Pork Chop- the second dinner in my new apartment!
The pork was a great carrier of the tasty PB & J. I loved the chunky peanut butter and the flavor the the spreadable fruit was awesome, too.
I also made brown rice and kale chips as side dishes…
It looked quite beautiful with the colorful kale bordering the plate. After dinner, I organized my closet and called it a night.
PB & J Pork Chop
- 1/3 lb boneless pork loin chops
- 2 Tbsp natural chunky peanut butter (Smucker’s)
- 1 Tbsp raspberry seedless spreadable fruit with fiber (Polaner)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place pork loin on an oven-safe dish. Spread peanut butter on top (make sure not to double dip the knife in the jar, though). Place a scoop of “jelly” on top. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked throughout. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Serve over whole grain instant brown rice (Publix) with kale chips.
- Nutrition note: Take your jelly to the next level by switching to a spreadable fruit with fiber (like the one by Polaner). Not only does it have fiber, but this spreadable fruit has fewer calories and more natural ingredients- plus it tastes better. What a “win-win” situation!